Fresh resources on view at the Las Vegas Market in the World Market Center from July 28 to Aug. 1, 2019
The Foodie Fun Dishtowels line debuts the Cheeky Dishtowel Collection. The 100 percent cotton towels measure 18 by 28 inches and are offered in a mixed 12-pack that includes three of each design shown. Design Imports, 800-344-4115, designimports.com
Cushions in glacier gray are filled with feather down inserts. The 18- by 18-inch cushion features a center fabric made with 100 percent woven alpaca and trimmed on all four sizes with alpaca fur. The rectangular cushion has a full front alpaca fur panel and is backed with 100 percent woven baby alpaca. Fibre By Auskin, 888-528-7546, fibrebyauskin.com
Touch Of Patriotic
Patriotic Macramé Pillow is handcrafted with macramé in bold red and crisp white colors to create a vintage, homespun Americana style with multi-dimensional texture. Gallerie II, 888-889-9868, gallerieii.com
For Linen Lovers
Linen towels, tablecloths and napkins are available in these colors: birch, black, chambray, charcoal, indigo, lilac, putty and white. Be Home, Inc., 510-848-5060, behome.com
PET Plus Cotton
REKOOP is a sustainable bedding solution made by recycling post-consumer PET bottles into an eco-friendly polyester fiber and blending it with cotton. The recycled polyester fiber is forensically tagged through the CertainT platform of Applied DNA Sciences to establish provenance and secure complete traceabilty across the value chain. GHCL Limited, +91 120 2535113, ghcl.co.in
The Harbour Matelassé Collection is crafted in Portugal with 100 percent cotton and features an abstract, geometric weave that affords it a modern touch. The matelassé provides texture without the use of batting. Sizes offered include twin, queen and king, with king and standard shams as well as Euro shams. The grouping is available in navy (shown), sea glass and taupe. Pom Pom At Home, 818-847-0150, pompomathome.com
DYRESKINN ultra soft, silky and dense sheepskins make beautiful decorative accents. DYRESKINN ethically sources hides from Iceland, Britain and Poland, and only use skins produced as a byproduct of other industries. A commitment to the environment means that no Chrome 3/6 or bleach is used in the natural colored sheepskin. BIDK Home, 845-265-6052, bidkhome.com
The Nerina Fig Collection includes jacquard-woven pillows, throws and shams in an intricate paisley inspired design rendered in a rich fig colorway. ELISABETH YORK, 888-889-9886, elisabethyork.com
The 100 percent cotton pique kitchen towels measure 21.5 by 32 inches and are sanforized before printing to reduce shrinkage and maintain clear, bright colors. The collection includes designs based on state icons, national parks, cities and regions of the U.S. All inks used are water-based and environment friendly. No child or forced labor is used in the production of the towels. Vestiges, Inc., 612-259-8262, vestigesinc.com
From Zimbabwe With Love
The Sadza Pillow Collection reflects global influence in the geometric designs. Made in Zimbabwe, the 100 percent cotton fabric is hand woven into a “bark weave” pattern with a distinctive texture. Then designs are resist painted by hand with Sadza, a porridge-like paste of maize, and laid in the sun to dry. The fabric then gets painted by hand and baked in an industrial oven to reinforce the colors and prevent running when washed. After that, the dried Sadza is scraped off and the fabric is ready to be made into 18-inch square pillows with envelope closures in the backs. Mbare Ltd., 800-684-5429, mbare.com
The Portuguese Matelassé blanket cover is available in king and queen sizes. The cover celebrates texture via its elegant white-on-white droplet pattern finished off with a scalloped edge. There is a matching lumbar pillow that measures 42 by 12.5 inches and includes a down-alternative insert and zippered removable cover. The Pillow Bar, 214-939-3696, thepillowbar.com
The new Dana throw collection is woven with 100 percent cotton. Textural attraction accompanies the soft touch. Shown in pearl, the collection is offered in relaxed neutral tones with a nomadic sensibility. Orchids Lux Home, 888-278-3682, orchidsluxhome.com
This Montreal-based art manufacturer also offers pillow designs based on 100 percent original art. Paintings created by in-house artists are reproduced using high-resolution photographs and printed using the latest technologies in printing and latex inks for vibrant looks. Canvas Candy, 888-508-6002, canvascandy.com
From the Everyday Beautiful Collection, the Poppy Ecru grouping is made with 100 percent cotton. The collection includes a set of four 14- by 19-inch placemats, 36-by 36-inch café cloth, 54- by 54-inch breakfast cloth, 88-inch round tablecloth, 60- by 90-inch dining cloth, 60- by 108-inch harvest cloth and a set of two 19- by 27-inch tea towels. April Cornell, 877-992-7745, aprilcornell.com, wholesale.aprilcornell.com
Creative Pillow Designs
New Toss Cushions are made with natural fibers or a very high content of recycled material and are Green Guard certified. Cushion inserts are made with organic cotton twill shells and natural Kapok cotton filling. Bolster Interiors Inc., 403-561-3105
The Artisan Hand-Loomed cotton 24-inch square pillow includes a 26- by 26-inch insert and a reverse of linen-color cotton. Each design is handmade and involves spinning and weaving hand-dyed cotton using artisan techniques passed down through generations. Hand-sewn kantha stitching provides the finishing touch. Arcadia Home, 516-776-5799, arcadiahomeinc.com
Las Vegas Market Offers An Array Of Seminars & Events
A comprehensive lineup of programming is scheduled at the 2019 Summer Las Vegas Market at the World Market Center Las Vegas from July 28 to Aug. 1, 2019. Here are highlights:
• Las Vegas Market’s proprietary FIRST LOOK product and trends program highlights furniture, home décor and gift product introductions in curated displays located throughout campus, in an educational seminar and with two related showroom tours. Along with the best new-to-market products, FIRST LOOK curator and editor Julie Smith Vincenti shares trends and presents “2020 Vision,” a 10-hue directional color palette. The seminar takes place from 10 to 11 a.m. on Monday, July 29, with the related showroom tours on Monday (home) and Tuesday (gift).
• Las Vegas Market’s Ahead of the Curve trend forecasting session returns Monday, July 29, from 2:30 to 4 p.m. Designers Marie Flanigan, Britany Simon, Aimee Wertepny, and Denise Morrison share their insights and opinions about the new directions and designs in home furnishings.
• “Best Of The West In Life & Style” features a panel of influencers and designers, including Nicole Salceda, founder of Eye for Pretty; Stephanie Holdaway, owner of Gatehouse No. 1 Furniture & Interior Design; Erica Bryen, owner of Erica Bryen Design; Shay Geyer, owner and designer at IBB Design Fine Furnishings, and Hilde Leiaghat, designer and retailer of Pom Pom Home. The panel, moderated by Nathan Turner of Nathan Turner Inc., is held from 3 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, July 28.
• Special events during Market include the Malouf Foundation Forging Freedom Industry Event to help raise funds to protect children, from 4:45 to 5:45 p.m. on Monday, July 29; and the Non-Profit Retail Networking Reception, in collaboration with the Association for Healthcare Volunteer Resources Professionals (AHVRP), Fair Trade Federation (FTF), Museum Store Association (MSA) and Zoo & Aquarium Buyers Group (ZAG) from 5 to 6 p.m. on Sunday, July 28.
• Las Vegas Market presents a high-powered educational conference for industry leaders including ceos, owners, presidents and C-level sponsored attendees. The 2019 Las Vegas Market CEO Summit takes place from 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, July 30.
For more information, visit lasvegasmarket.com.