Highlights of resources on view at Heimtextil held in Frankfurt, Germany, from Jan. 8 to 11, 2019
Heimtextil, the largest international trade fair for home and contract textiles, will be held at Frankfurt am Main in Germany from Jan. 8 to 11, 2019. Owned and operated by Messe Frankfurt GmbH, the event can serve as a climate and trend barometer for the new business year.
Attendees include retailers, wholesalers, designers, furniture and bedding store buyers and executives, interior decorators, architects, hotel outfitters and other decision makers. Exhibits range from decorative and furniture fabrics to textiles for the bedroom, bathroom and table, wallpaper and sun protection systems.
New features at Heimtextil for 2019 include the addition of the new Hall 12 and the elimination of Hall 6, which is undergoing renovation. Exhibitors at the fair include companies featured in this article.
For more information on Heimtextil, visit heimtextil.messefrankfurt.com.
At Heimtextil, the company is focusing on the new TENCEL® generation Refibra™, a fiber created from cotton scraps and wood, whose name stands for “Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.” The fiber, produced in the eco-friendly lyocell production process with recycled materials, reduces reliance on natural raw materials. In addition, Lenzing will emphasize its rebranding efforts in which TENCEL™ is positioned as its textile premium brand. The rebranding campaign includes efforts to foster deeper connections with
customers and consumers, as well as to drive demand. Lenzing, 212-944-7898, lenzing.com
Celebrated in the beauty and food industries for its detoxifying properties, charcoal provides a natural odor control solution for home textiles. The Welspun line of charcoal textiles features cotton blended with charcoal-infused polyester for soft, breathable products that inhibit odor to help home textiles stay fresher longer. Welspun USA, 212-620-2000, welspun.com
Durasoft towels (shown) have a unique innovation in spinning that creates a luxuriously soft, absorbent towel with high resilience and minimal linting. Plush and thick from the start, these towels get softer and better with time. The company will also show towels with Everyday Fresh Wellness, Feather Touch, Grace, reCHARge, AmbiSoft and Sofeena technologies, as well as a range of benefit-rich sheeting. Trident, 212-684-6342, tridentindia.com
Premier Fine Linens
On display are new collections in four complete beds, along with a variety of new fabrics developed for Heimtextil. This includes beds made with made with 100 percent Supima cotton, Tencel and other organic and fancy yarns. Also on display are products such as Ultrafine Cotton, Silkotton, Beyond Organic, Pure Naturals, Smart Hems, Egyptian Cotton, Suvin Cotton and special finishes like moisture management, cool thermal adaptive finishes and garment-washed products. The company is also known for its Linacel blend of linen and lyocell in a fabric that projects the appearance of linen, yet embodies the soft hand of lyocell. Premier Fine Linens has won the Gold Award from Texprocil (Textile Export Promotion Council of India) for the Best Exporter in the category up to Rs.300 crores in 2017-2018. In 2017, the company doubled and automated its dyeing and making up capacities, and is in the process of achieving Greenhouse certification. The company has installed sufficient “green” power generation through windmills to fulfill 100 percent of its energy requirements. Almost 98 percent of the water used in the manufacturing plant is recycled. Premier Fine Linens is certified now for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, SA 8000, Fairtrade international and BCI. Premier Fine Linens, +91-422-2221223, premierfinelinens.com
The Cotton/Linen Bedding Collection with linen decorative pillows features contemporary designs that add a warm tone to bedroom décor with the harmonious blend of cotton and linen. Available in several colors, the cotton/linen Duvet Cover, Sham and Sheet Set includes a duvet cover, flat and fitted sheets, and pillowcases. A Quilted Bed Cover Set with a quilted cover and two shams is also available. Veritas USA, 646-590-3894, theveritas.com
Trend Space in Hall 3.0 Points “Toward Utopia”
The new Trend Space (formerly Theme Park) in Hall 3.0 offers an overview of the latest market developments and the trends for 2019/20. In cooperation with Heimtextil, international design and trend experts have prepared an extravagant presentation of trend themes around the concept of “Toward Utopia.”
This century presents diverse challenges, including the mega-topic of sustainability, prompting a search for a new utopia—a society that respects each person and the environment, and that builds in individual responsibility, positive actions and optimism. The “Toward Utopia” trend displays are divided into five interactive scenarios for future living concepts: Pursue Play, Seek Sanctuary, Go Off-Grid, Escape Reality and Embrace Indulgence. They are summarized here:
• Pursue Play—In an era of uncertainty, playful activities help us to find creativity and meaning in the midst of chaos. Designers are focusing on tactile interactions and experiments. Bold and daring designs are enlivened with a touch of humor.
• Seek Sanctuary—Urban oases serve as sources of relaxation and clarity. Possessing more material things is no longer perceived to guarantee happiness. Essentialism does not mean the rejection of products—it’s about the appreciation of designs that are clearly defined, functional and high quality.
• Go Off-Grid—In the search for a new closeness to nature, we experience things that go beyond daily routine. The designs focus on the technical aspects of outdoor textiles, presupposing utilitarian aesthetics and promising durability and functionality.
• Escape Reality—A new utopia can be rooted in the digital as well as the real world. People escape everyday life by creating futuristic worlds. They engage with a technology that enables deeper, more sustainable experiences in daily life.
• Embrace Indulgence—High-quality materials and solid craftsmanship come together to make a utopic vision of luxury in the future. Cleverly combined materials, creatively implemented ideas and uncomplicated opulence create a new kind of comfort and tactile experience.