Product offerings on display during the Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market, July 10 to 16, 2018 at AmericasMart
Made in the U.S., the 64- by 80-inch Star Watchers blanket is made with 82 percent pure virgin wool and 28 percent cotton. Since ancient times, Native Americans have practiced astronomy to predict the arrival of the brightest stars. Mysterious medicine wheels in Wyoming and Canada track the rising of Aldebaran, Rigel and Sirius. The Central Plains Pawnees honored the Pleiades Cluster, and believed the Pole Star was a protective chief. Pawnee villages were planned with astronomy in mind, dedicating one corner of each village to the Evening Star. This blanket design is inspired by those ancient traditions. Pendleton Woolen Mills, 503-226-4801, pendleton-usa.com
The Milos Cadet bed features a collection of 100 percent linen sateens, one of the company’s strongest growing categories. Woven in Italy, the elements are offered in seven colorways.
SDH, 707-864-8075, sdhlinens.com
Inspired by Italian art motifs finely stitched into an alabaster cotton shell, the Milano quilt set adds sophisticated European styling to the room. Greenland Home Fashions, 800-677-8140, greenlandhomefashions.com
Big & Beautiful
The Venice big pillows measure 28 by 36 inches and are made with 100 percent linen woven in a waffle texture. Colors available include: berry, taupe, navy, ocean, dusty blue, midnight and moss. Pom Pom At Home, 818-847-0150, pompomathome.com
The Mina Victory Royal Palm Collection (two designs shown) of 20- by 20-inch pillows are made with cotton and include tassel detailing. Nourison, 800-223-1110, nourison.com
Regal & Classic
The Lexington Collections present richly textured fabrics, including cotton, linen and velvet. Elite Textile, Inc., 213-689-3247, elitetextileinc.com
Inspired by Old World tapestries, Remi is a new fashion print in the Fall 2018 collection made with 100 percent cotton. The pattern combines tones of gray and gold, with broad appeal for those who prefer classic, traditional or contemporary style. Remi is available in duvet covers, shams, decorative pillows and bedskirts. Peacock Alley, 800-275-0784, peacockalley.com
The Montana towel design features a graphic, symmetric, embossed “V” pattern on two sides, one of them in velvet. The 550 gr/m towels are made with 100 percent Giza Egyptian, extra-long staple cotton. Offered in eight colors, sizes available include: a 12- by 12-inch washcloth, 17- by 30-inch hand towel (shown), 21- by 39-inch Euro hand towel, a 28- by 54-inch bath towel and a 39- by 59-inch Euro bath sheet. Abyss & Habidecor, Inc., 800-588-8565, abysshabidecor.com
Wool & Cotton
Designed by Justina Blakeney, the Hypnotic Black Pom Pom hook pillow is made with wool and cotton. Measuring 16 by 16 inches, it includes a poly fill insert. Peking Handicraft Inc. (PHI), 800-872-6888, pkhc.com
Designed in collaboration with WILLIAMSBURG, the Cassie Bedding Collection is inspired by 1800s wallpaper and captures a timeless style and boho edge. An authentic hand-blocked
indigo-on-white tulip pattern graces the cotton voile ground of this quilt and a reversible hand-blocked apple pattern adds options. carol & frank, 888-889-9868 carolandfrankstyle.com
New upscale silver metallic Washable Silk bedding showcases a traditional pattern on washable silk imported from Germany. Available in custom sizes and patterns, collection elements include sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers, comforters, shams and more. DownTown Company, 800-776-3696, downtowncompany.com
The tabletop line includes sets of four reversible placemats created with soft, machine-washed microfiber or cotton and adorned with sea or floral motifs. Shown is the Astoria White set. Greenland Home Fashions, 800-677-8140, greenlandhomefashions.com
The Vela features decadent cotton velvet paired with hand-stitched diamond quilting eliciting drama in a rich ink colorway. The Vela design is also available in ivory. ELISABETH YORK, 888-889-9886, elisabethyork.com
AmericasMart LIVE Captures Celebrity Filled Main Stage Seminars
AmericasMart® LIVE returns in July 2018 with a new roster of cultural icons and celebrated lifestyle experts during The Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishings Market®, Tuesday, July 10 to Monday, July 16, 2018 (temporaries Wednesday, July 11 to Sunday, July 15) and The Atlanta International Area Rug Market®,, Wednesday, July 11 to Sunday, July 15, 2018.
Seminars taking place at Main Stage, Floor 2 in Building 3, will be streamed on AmericasMart’s social media channels as well as throughout the campus as they happen, insuring that buyers and exhibitors have real-time access to these major influencers and as reference points throughout the year.
Here are some of the highlights of the celebrity- and expert-filled sessions planned for Main Stage:
Wednesday, July 11
• 11 a.m. to noon: “Six Steps To A Profitable Social Media Strategy,” presented by Crystal Vilkaitis, retail social media expert and founder of Social Edge™, who shares her proven step-by-step process to see more sales from social media, based on a strategy that covers six specific areas for ultimate success.
• 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.: “The Mother Of Reinvention: A Q&A With Lifestyle Legend Martha Stewart,” moderated by Margot Shaw, editor-in-chief of Flower magazine, sponsored by Flower magazine and featuring Martha Stewart. American icon, businesswoman, TV personality and author of 90 books, Stewart discusses the most pivotal experiences in building her lifestyle brand, shares what’s next, and reveals wisdom and some of the creative arrangements from her new book, “Martha’s Flowers.”
Thursday, July 12
• 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.: “Get Your Hustle On! Business Mogul Bethenny Frankel On Building A Successful Empire (One Skinnygirl Margarita At A Time).” After she achieved runner-up in “The Apprentice: Martha Stewart” and then starred in Bravo’s “Real Housewives of New York City,” Frankel launched Skinnygirl Cocktails, a new line of low-calorie cocktail mixers, that led her to being named one of the Top 100 Most Powerful Celebrities by Forbes magazine. She has expanded Skinnygirl into a full lifestyle empire with products ranging from popcorn to a new jeans line. In this no-nonsense interview, Frankel shares insights into how to build a brand and grow profits using wit, wisdom and humor.
Friday, July 13
• 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.: “How Do I Live? A Life Of True Southern Hospitality,” moderated by Robert Leleux, Southern Style Now, sponsored by IMAX, and featuring Trisha Yearwood. Grammy-winning hitmaker, cooking show host of “Trisha’s Southern Kitchen,” best-selling author and wife of Country Music Hall of Famer Garth Brooks, Yearwood has added “home” to her extraordinary resumé. Yearwood’s foray into furniture and home décor celebrates her dedication to her childhood and roots in Monticello, GA. Southern lifestyle guru, Robert Leleux, will chat with Yearwood about her warm, honest approach to life and career, from the stage to the studio and the kitchen.
Saturday, July 14
• 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.: “Top Trends 2018: Survival And Success In The Retail Renaissance,” presented by Tom Mirabile, senior vice-president Global Trend & Design, Lifetime Brands, who provides a fresh perspective on the year ahead, while exploring the consumer and retail shifts that are reshaping the home and housewares industries.
For a full schedule of seminars and social events, visit AmericasMart.com/July.